McMUN takes place in the beautiful city of Montreal, Quebec. A diverse and multicultural city, Montreal is constantly buzzing with life – from the vibrant nightlife full of bars and clubs on Rue St-Laurent, shops on St Catherine’s, to the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal filled with charming cafes and boutiques. As the conference itself takes place in the heart of downtown Montreal, McMUN represents the perfect opportunity to explore the city between committee sessions.
Is the second largest French speaking city in the world.
Has the highest number of restaurants per capita in Canada
Counts with an underground city that runs for 32 km connecting metro stations, shopping malls, and restaurants.
Was named as UNESCO City of Design in 2006.
Things to do:
Transport yourself to 16th century colonial Europe, stroll down the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal and visit the historic Old Port, just a short walk from McMUN’s hotel.
Go for a walk up Mont Royal, with scenic hiking trails and breathtaking views of the city
- Visit (for free!) the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, with collections by Matisse, Monet, Picasso, Rembrandt, and more. (only 10 minute walk from the hotel!)
Where to Eat:
- La Banquise for the best poutine in the city
- Schwartz’s, the celebrated delicatessen on St. Laurent
- Fairmount Bagels, bagels that can rival New York’s
- Olive et Gourmando, artisanal breads, sweets, and amazing sandwiches
- Les Enfants Terribles, for dinner with a view overlooking Montreal
Where to Drink:
- Randolph, cocktail bar with a variety of board games
- Lockhart Cocktail Bar, for a Harry Potter-themed experience
- Crew Collective and Cafe, caffeinate before your committee session at a historic bank-turned-cafe